[CESG] Opening Plenary; CESG agenda; CMC report

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 26 15:51:40 EDT 2011

Mike,

That works fine for me.

Thanks, Peter

From: Mike Kearney <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov<mailto:Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:38:33 -0700
To: Peter Shames <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>>, Adrian Hooke <Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>>, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group - CESG Exec <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Cc: Gifford <Kevin.Gifford at Colorado.EDU<mailto:Kevin.Gifford at Colorado.EDU>>
Subject: RE: [CESG] Opening Plenary; CESG agenda; CMC report

Peter, I’m having a hard time understanding your edits to page 7:

•          Documents – Recent changes:
Special sections are now required in all standards for:
•          Adoption of new Blue Book types, “Utilization Profile” and “Adaptation Profile” to replace what had been Magenta Book “Application Profiles”.
•          PICS Pro Forma requirements and example added.
•          Test reports are now to be CCSDS Yellow Books.
•          Security
-          State whether or not there are Security considerations
•          SANA – Space Assigned Numbers Authority
-          State whether or not SANA registries are needed
•          Documents – Upcoming changes:
•          Some refinements are in work on the “boundary” between Blue and Magenta books.   Please bear with us.
•          The objective is to have a consistent predictable program for our customers’ missions and projects

You wiped out the Patent section under “Recent Changes” (meaning recent changes to what’s required within documents).  And you put the color of books items in that section rather than replacing the bottom section that talked about the blue/magenta boundary.

I’ll attach my recommended slide on how to plug in your new bullets on book changes, with a few clarification tweaks.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029