[CESG] RE: Compressed schedule templates

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Sat Nov 5 11:58:18 EST 2011

> Barkley, Erik J (317H)
> .... and basically we are saving one night of hotel bills, but you
> will basically be paying people to travel on Friday (5 day schedule
> implies “free” Saturday travel, while the Friday wages are getting
> work done).

Erik,
      Your statement is partially correct; i.e. 5 day schedule implies “free”
Saturday travel for a subset of participants.
In fact only a few guys attend the Area Plenary Meetings ad all the other
guys (i.e. most of them) are able to fly during "Friday daylight" as well.

Apart from this detail I think the accent is more on renting resources: 4
days renting vs 5 days renting.
It is also true that normally on Friday the required number of rooms
decreases (specially if only Area Plenary Meetings are held).

Regards

Gian Paolo