[Secretariat] [CESG] CESG Poll REMINDER

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Feb 8 11:25:08 EST 2011

Adrian, Tom,
        we are speaking about a technical corrigendum not a review (and in
fact the book issue date is not going to change as usual).
CCSDS 131.2-O-1 has been published in September 2007 together at the same
time of CCSDS 131.1-O-2  .
Both books are not mentioning "those" patents that are heavily affecting
our discussions nowadays; i.e. the LDPCC book mentions an irrelevant
patent on decoding but not the important patents on encoding.
Having said this it clear that both books are not mentioning the patents
because were still hidden in 2007 and since the book will stay as edition
2007, there is no need for requiring that type of change and we can stick
to the corrigendum alone

That's all at glance.

Ciao

Gian Paolo