[CESG] RE: Proposed Technical Corrigendum to Encap Service 133.1-B-2

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 14 14:37:49 EDT 2011

The London agreement was that we only have to test IP-over-Encap.

Encap has to be (separately and independently) interoperability tested over TM, TC, AOS and Prox-1 and we know that there are deficiencies there; but we have an agreed way-forward to document the testing issues in the Encap spec. and then progressively work them off as resources become available.

In this case, IP is directly implementable and Encap is directly implementable. With the deprecation of the term "Application Profile",  IP-over-CCSDS should be CCSDS Recommended Standard: Adaptation Profile (something that adopts/adapts a native specification developed somewhere else, such as by another standards organization).

///a