[Cesg-all] CCSDS Spring 2024 Technical Meetings On-Site Logistics

Massaquoi, Amber S AMassaquoi at asrcfederal.com
Thu Jan 18 21:49:15 UTC 2024

Dear CESG and Working Group Chairs,

As you are already aware, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will be hosting the upcoming CCSDS Spring 2024 Technical and CESG meetings at the US Department of Commerce Headquarters - Herbert C. Hoover Building (DoC) in Washington, DC. I recently had a tour of the building and met with the team that will be hosting us, and there are a few details I would like to bring to your attention before you begin planning out your working group agenda(s) for the week:

  *   SECURITY: Security screenings will take place each time we enter the building through the 14th street  visitor entrance  (this process is comprised of an state/country identification (ID) review, x-ray bag check, removal of coat/jacket/hat and x-ray, and followed by an additional ID review) and takes up to 2-3 min per person. The team and I are working on a security check in schedule that streamlines the process by which each team will enter the building each day with an assigned timeslot to arrive, more details to come on this.

  *   We will more than likely be required to have DoC employees as escorts to walkabout the building - something to keep in mind with regard to planning joint meetings, as I will need to know as far in advance as possible to plan suitable room assignments. The NIST team will determine how to best assign each group with their own escort(s). More information about the security process can be found here: https://www.commerce.gov/osy/field-offices/hchb-security/visitors
  *   Across 14th street and accessible via an underground tunnel, in the Ronald Regan Building and International Trade Center (no escorts required in this building), there is a food court. The security screening also applies to exiting the DoC building via tunnel and/or through the 14th street visitor entrance. Prior to our meetings, I will provide a list of local food delivery services as an additional lunch option - on each floor of the building there are rooms with dining tables/chairs and kitchenettes. As of now, there are no on-site cafeteria facilities that are open in the DoC.

  *   CAPITOL HILL TOUR: The US Department of Commerce Headquarters - Herbert C. Hoover Building is located in the Federal Triangle and walkable to many sites including the White House and National Mall. On Tuesday, 30April and Thursday, 02May, I am coordinating an Open Bus Tour of Capitol Hill for our group. Each tour is 90 minutes and will require time for security screening once re-entering the DoC - about 3-3.5 hours total. More details about the timing and cost of the tour will be provided in the coming weeks.

  *   CCSDS GROUP PHOTO: On the morning of Wednesday, 01May, we will take a group photo, I am anticipating this should take no more than 20 minutes (the photo will be taken on the ground/first level of the DoC).

  *   CCSDS SOCIAL EVENT: Date and location to be determined.
  *   AUDIO/VISUAL FOR MEETING ROOMS: Each conference room is equipped with teleconferencing/virtual meeting equipment.
  *   ATTACHMENTS: List of local accommodations and a guide for the Ronald Regan and International Trade Center<https://rrbitc.com/dining/>, where there is a food court and other shops/sites to explore.

I have also prepared a separate email to CCSDS-All which includes the address for the DoC/Herbert C. Hoover Building and the same list of local accommodations. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you in DC this Spring!

Thank you.

Amber

Amber Massaquoi

Program Analyst / CCSDS Secretariat
amassaquoi at asrcfederal.com<mailto:amassaquoi at asrcfederal.com>
amber.massaquoi at nasa.gov<mailto:amber.massaquoi at nasa.gov>

The preceding message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2512, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, protected by attorney-client or other privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error and destroy the original message and all copies.