[Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 12 April 2023

CCSDS Secretariat thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
Thu Apr 13 15:43:27 UTC 2023

CESG E-Poll Identifier:  CESG-P-2023-03-002 Approval to publish CCSDS 502.0-B-3, Orbit Data Messages (Blue Book, Issue 3)

Results of CESG poll beginning 29 March 2023 and ending 12 April 2023:

                 Abstain:  0 (0%)
 Approve Unconditionally:  5 (100%) (Barkley, Merri, Duhaze, Shames, Aguilar Sanchez)
 Approve with Conditions:  0 (0%)
 Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

Total Respondents:  5

No response was received from the following Area(s):

     SOIS
     SIS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved Unconditionally
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CESG E-Poll Identifier:  CESG-P-2023-03-003 Approval to publish CCSDS 505.0-B-3, XML Specification for Navigation Data Messages (Blue Book, Issue 3)

Results of CESG poll beginning 29 March 2023 and ending 12 April 2023:

                 Abstain:  0 (0%)
 Approve Unconditionally:  4 (80%) (Barkley, Merri, Duhaze, Aguilar Sanchez)
 Approve with Conditions:  1 (20%) (Shames)
 Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

     Peter Shames (Approve with Conditions):  ​The test report states that only XML Schema checks for a single implementation are cretaed.  But this spec includes new data exchange elements.  I believe that the syntax and semantics of the echanged data must be verified by using this spec to exchange data between two independent implementations.  Please correctly perform these interoperability checks for all newly defined data elements, as required for all CCSDS Blue Books..

     Ignacio Aguilar Sanchez (Approve Unconditionally):  What follows are not conditions for approval but a request for clarification concerning the allocation of certain standard-related information to a BB rather than a GB.

​I have noticed that this BB includes Annexes E, F and G that in my view could be placed at a GB.

Furthermore, I have noticed that there are two GBs touching  NAV Data Messages.

And I have noticed as well that Annex J, where J2 points to a WG agreement concerning how to rearrange the Annexes of their BBs.

So I would appreciate to know what drives the WG and the MOIMS AD to place that content in a BB Annex and not in a  GB?

My concern, which I have already observed in another BB in another area, is that CCSDS may risk downgrading the value of GBs when placing too much rationale into a BB. My experience tells me that already now not many potential readers of CCSDS documents read the GBs, limiting themselves to the BBs. Are we CCSDS reinforcing such trend when including more and mroe rationale into a BB?

Total Respondents:  5

No response was received from the following Area(s):

     SOIS
     SIS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll after conditions have been addressed