[Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 8 June 2022

CCSDS Secretariat thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
Thu Jun 9 22:16:06 UTC 2022

CESG E-Poll Identifier:  CESG-P-2022-05-001 Approval to release CCSDS
521.0-P-2.1, Mission Operations Message Abstraction Layer (Pink Book,
Issue 2.1) for CCSDS Agency review

Results of CESG poll beginning 25 May 2022 and ending 8 June 2022:

                 Abstain:  0 (0%)
Approve Unconditionally:  4 (80%) (Merri, Duhaze, Aguilar Sanchez, Wilmot)
Approve with Conditions:  1 (20%) (Shames)
Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

     Peter Shames (Approve with Conditions):   I read through sec 3.5
and found issues on almost every page.  The marked up version is
attached.  I think that there are too many vague and inconsistent
items in this spec to release it for agency review without a thorough scrub.

     Jonathan Wilmot (Approve Unconditionally):  My preference is to
not hold up the agency review process, but I do agree with the SEA
AD. The document seems incomplete with many details unspecified. For
example, "TRANSACTION_TIMEOUT" is a possible error. How would that
duration time be determined as it is very dependent on the specific
transport and network latency. The same MAL could not be used for
TCP/IP and DTN which limits the value of message abstraction.

Total Respondents:  5

No response was received from the following Area(s):

     CSS
     SIS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll after
conditions have been addressed

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CESG E-Poll Identifier:  CESG-P-2022-05-002 Approval to publish CCSDS
355.0-B-2, Space Data Link Security Protocol (Blue Book, Issue 2)

Results of CESG poll beginning 25 May 2022 and ending 8 June 2022:

                 Abstain:  0 (0%)
Approve Unconditionally:  3 (75%) (Merri, Aguilar Sanchez, Wilmot)
Approve with Conditions:  1 (25%) (Shames)
Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

     Peter Shames (Approve with Conditions):  The document makes
mention in a few places to the COP-1 and COP-P protocols, but there
is not even a Annex D informative Reference for either of
these.  Please rectify before publication.

Total Respondents:  4