[Cesg-all] Request to chheck your WG mailing list

Weiss, Howard Howard.Weiss at parsons.com
Mon Mar 27 13:10:38 UTC 2017

Nestor

Unfortunately, I didn't receive your original email (probably ended up in my corporate SPAM filter that I no longer have access to but I've raised the issue with the IT folks).

I agree with John - I really don't understand the issue or the problem?  A year or so ago, the Security WG pruned its mailing list mostly because we had people on the list who had not participated in a long time.  We simply asked the list members to re-justify their membership on the list.  Those who did not respond were removed.  Some asked us to remove them.  Others wanted to remain "plugged in" and stay on the list for informative purposes.  Hence we were able to prune the list by about 1/3.

Since having additional names on a mailing list is not a cost issue or a resource issue, why worry about this other than have the WGs ask their membership to re-justify their existence once in a while?  As for having a separate "core group" mailing list, that's fine.  But there is the problem of sending to the wrong list potentially creating (additional) embarrassing situations!

And lately, we in the US know all about embarrassing situations since our recent elections!  :-)

Best regards,

Howie

________________________________
Howard Weiss, CISSP
Technical Director

PARSONS
7110 Samuel Morse Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
443-430-8089 (office)
410-262-1479 (cell)
443-430-8238 (fax)
howard.weiss at parsons.com
www.parsons.com

Please consider the environment before printing this message