[Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 16 August 2017

CCSDS Secretariat thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
Thu Aug 17 22:07:23 UTC 2017

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2017-08-001 Approval to publish CCSDS
122.0-B-2, Image Data Compression (Blue Book, Issue 2)
Results of CESG poll beginning 2 August 2017 and ending 16 August 2017:

                  Abstain:  0 (0%)
  Approve Unconditionally:  5 (83.33%) (Shames, Burleigh, Cola, Moury, Wilmot)
  Approve with Conditions:  1 (16.67%) (Merri)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

Mario Merri (Approve with Conditions): Mine is more a question than a
condition.

I see from the YB that the compressors have been independently
developed, but I could not see anything similar for the
decompressors. I would have thought that a meaningful
interoperability testing would have been for the 2 Agencies to
reciprocally compress/decompress images. Could you please clarify?

[This condition was satisfied prior to poll closure.]

Peter Shames (Approve Unconditionally): This document only include
the Security Annex, which is largely void of content. Since the
current Publications manual does not require SANA and patent sections
if they are not relevant this is deemed accaptable.

Total Respondents: 6
No response was received from the following Area(s):

CSS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2017-08-002 Approval to publish CCSDS
122.1-B-1, Spectral Preprocessing Transform for Multispectral and
Hyperspectral Image Compression (Blue Book, Issue 1)
Results of CESG poll beginning 2 August 2017 and ending 16 August 2017:

                  Abstain:  0 (0%)
  Approve Unconditionally:  6 (100%) (Merri, Shames, Burleigh, Cola,
Moury, Wilmot)
  Approve with Conditions:  0 (0%)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

Total Respondents: 6
No response was received from the following Area(s):

CSS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved Unconditionally
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2017-08-003 Approval to publish CCSDS
131.0-B-3, TM Synchronization and Channel Coding (Blue Book, Issue 3)
Results of CESG poll beginning 2 August 2017 and ending 16 August 2017:

                  Abstain:  0 (0%)
  Approve Unconditionally:  6 (100%) (Merri, Shames, Burleigh, Cola,
Moury, Wilmot)
  Approve with Conditions:  0 (0%)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

Mario Merri (Approve Unconditionally): Comment: no YB here? Why?

Peter Shames (Approve Unconditionally): Comments, concerns, but not
conditions ... it's time to get this published.

- The use of "CADU or SMTF" seems overly convoluted. A simpler and
cleaer formulation could have been adopted.

- The term "SMTF" always looks like "LSMFT" to me. Anyone who does
not get it should look it up.
- The insertion of the line "Only one user can use this service on a
Physical Channel." on pg A-1 does not add clarity, only confusion.
You can only understand what is really being meant by unwinding the
reference back to ISO 10731, where this appears: "OSI-service-user:
An entity in a single open system that makes use of an OSI-service.".
So "user" in this case is really just some system entity at the
physical channel level. Since there could be two (or more) passive
receiving entities tracking a single S/C this "only one user" is a
meaningless distinction.

Scott Burleigh (Approve Unconditionally): Not a condition, just a
comment: I would normally expect to see the Service definition in the
body of the specification rather than in an Annex.

Tomaso de Cola (Approve Unconditionally): Minor: atpage v, I read
LCPC instead of LDPC

Total Respondents: 6
No response was received from the following Area(s):

CSS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved Unconditionally
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2017-08-004 Approval to publish CCSDS
231.0-B-3, TC Synchronization and Channel Coding (Blue Book, Issue 3)
Results of CESG poll beginning 2 August 2017 and ending 16 August 2017:

                  Abstain:  0 (0%)
  Approve Unconditionally:  6 (100%) (Merri, Shames, Burleigh, Cola,
Moury, Wilmot)
  Approve with Conditions:  0 (0%)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

Scott Burleigh (Approve Unconditionally): Not a condition, just a
comment: again, I would normally expect to see the Service Definition