[Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 4 May 2015

CCSDS Secretariat tomg at aiaa.org
Tue May 5 17:33:46 UTC 2015

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2015-04-002 Approval to publish CCSDS
551.1-O-1, Correlated Data Generation (Orange Book, Issue 1)
Results of CESG poll beginning 20 April 2015 and ending 4 May 2015:

                  Abstain:  1 (12.5%) (Suess)
  Approve Unconditionally:  3 (37.5%) (Merri, Behal, Barton)
  Approve with Conditions:  4 (50%) (Shames, Takeuchi, Cola, Calzolari)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

Peter Shames (Approve with Conditions): I support the conditions
raised by the SEA DAD and other ADs. The inclusion of modifications
to the CCSDS space data link frame are really unacceptable. I believe
that the document should be modified to only include the option that
uses existing CCSDS data link features such as the frame secondary header.

Hiroshi Takeuchi (Approve with Conditions): 1. I think there is an
issue in Section 2.3.2.b:

 > b). The CCSDS Transfer Frame could be modified to include a
proprietary trailer
 > that would include the additional test data field (figure 2-4).

The concern is that by publishing even an Orange Book that just says
"modify the CCSDS Transfer Frame" we are in some sense diminishing
the importance of the CCSDS Transfer Frames and the formal process we
have for making any changes to them.
I therefore request that the WG to remove the Section 2.3.2.b and 2.3.2.2.

2. There is a minor error in the Section 4.1.2.3:
For the purpose of of this discussion
->
For the purpose of this discussion

Tomaso de Cola (Approve with Conditions): 1) Implementation of the
specified proposal requires important modifications to the present
definition of the TM transfer frame (see section 2.3.2), whereby
interoperability issue with current CCSDS TM SDLP protocol
specification can arise.

2) Section 2.3.1 states that the aforementioned blocks maybe TM
transfer frames. Does it mean that the proposed solution could be
applied to other PDUs defined in the corresponding CCSDS protocol stack layers?

Gian Paolo Calzolari (Approve with Conditions): I share the doubts
about the TM Transfer Frame expressed by colleagues.
At the very least a clear remark stating e.g. some of the proposed
solutions are non standard and they will have to be evaluated by
pertinent WG's in case of an escalation effort for this orange book
towards the status of Recommended Standard.
For the optional Test Data Field it may be more realistic proposing
it at the end of the Transfer Frame Data Field as project specific solution.

Total Respondents: 8
No response was received from the following Area(s):

CSS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll after
conditions have been addressed

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2015-04-003 Approval to publish CCSDS
766.1-B-1, Digital Motion Imagery (Blue Book, Issue 1)
Results of CESG poll beginning 20 April 2015 and ending 4 May 2015:

                  Abstain:  0 (0%)
  Approve Unconditionally:  7 (100%) (Merri, Behal, Shames, Scott,
Cola, Suess, Barton)
  Approve with Conditions:  0 (0%)
  Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

Peter Shames (Approve Unconditionally): The issues from the earlier
review have been resolved.

Total Respondents: 7
No response was received from the following Area(s):

CSS
SLS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved Unconditionally
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate CMC poll