[Secretariat] [Cesg-all] CCSDS Org & Proc Yellow Book: MOIMS Comments + CESG Chair comments

Thomas Gannett tomg at aiaa.org
Thu Oct 3 10:35:54 EDT 2013

Also, I think there is misunderstanding about a scheduled poll of the
Org&Procs book: the CMC asked for a joint CESG/CMC review, and my
understanding is they intended indeed to review and comment on it in
advance of an actual poll (as they did last time).  Instead of
participating in the joint review, the CESG insisted on seeing it
first.  So far that is all that has happened.

At 10:28 AM 10/3/2013, Thomas Gannett wrote:
>Nestor:
>
>Sorry--I put together the draft CCSDS ICS spec as a dumbed-down (and
>cost-free) version of the ISO ICS spec.  I thought everyone was aware of that.
>
>I'm not married to it.  If the CESG wants everyone to follow the ISO
>ICS spec, that's fine with me. But making sure everyone has a copy
>of the ISO spec is another matter.
>
>Best regards,
>Tom
>
>At 10:14 AM 10/3/2013, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int wrote:
>>Tom
>>
>>I am not putting under discussion the spirit of the decisions taken
>>at CESG / CMC level. You are misunderstanding my message.
>>
>>There will be an ICS, but needs more in-depth discussions.
>>
>>A new YB is now introduced, and decisions were taken without the YB
>>on the table. So, we need to evaluate and discuss it
>>
>>Otherwise it appears that the editor of the YBs have the power to
>>decide what to include or not. The power lies with CESG / CMC and
>>nowhere else.
>>
>>In a nutshell,
>>    * there will be an ICS
>>    * additional discussions are needed
>>    * your assumed schedule does not work anymore
>>    * As CESG Chair I do not agree to start a CMC poll for the
>> updated Procedure YB and the "new out of the oven" ICS YB
>>
>>An additional question:
>>
>>Who is the ICS editor ?
>>
>>ciao
>>nestor
>>
>>This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the
>>addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use,
>>dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its
>>content is not permitted. If you received this message in error,
>>please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can
>>be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.
>>
>>Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>Thomas Gannett
>+1 443 472 0805

Thomas Gannett
+1 443 472 0805