[Cesg-all] More news about Adrian Hooke's arrangements

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 8 13:35:35 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues and friends of Adrain Hooke,

By now all of you should have heard that our highly respected colleague and leader, Adrian Hooke, passed away over the weekend.  That he has been unwell for a while was no surprise to most of us, but his sudden departure at such a young age comes as rather a shock.  I am deeply saddened by his loss and know that his energetic and sage presence will be missed by all of us in NASA, CCSDS, and the national and international standards communities.

One of Adrian's oldest colleagues, Ed Greenberg, reached Adrian's wife Merle by phone today and she asked that we pass this information along to you.  We do not have much additional news, but do know that the the services for Adrain will be private to the family.   It should come as no surprise that Merle is deeply impacted by his loss and does not wish to be inundated by phone calls.  Please repect that.

At the same time she does know that Adrian had many long term friends and colleagues around the world and she expressed an interest in hearing from people via email.  Her address is: merle.mckenzie at gmail.com.

There will probably be some sort of wake held for Adrian in the future, but there are not yet any plans.

Very best regards, Peter