[Cesg-all] June 2012 - CCSDS.org Usage, CCSDS Mailman SPAM, and CCSDS Publications Reports

John Garrett John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 24 13:40:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

I believe David Giaretta wrote you last month to see if we could get any
statistics for downloads of
650x0b1.pdf     and
650x0b1(F).pdf
for May.
At the very end of the month of May, the new OAIS Standard 650x0m2.pdf was
created and
650x0b1.pdf  was moved to  650x0b1s.pdf.
Since the change was made at the very end of the month, 650x0m2.pdf and
650.0b1s.pdf had 0 downloads.
I assume that earlier in the month 650x0b1.pdf probably had something close to
the normal 2500 hits.
Is there any way to check the logs to see if that was true?

Both May and June downloads were down by about 20%  which is 4000-5000 downloads.
Probably half of that is due to the OAIS Standard change.
Any idea about other reasons why the downloads are down?

Earlier I wrote with a suggestion about providing forwarding pages when we create
new issues of standards.
Is there any progress on that?

It should be possible to get information from the logs on failed downloads.
Could we get information on how many failed attempts we are still getting on
650x0b1.pdf?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Good Health and Much Peace,
-JOhn