[Cesg-all] Request for longer work days at the Fall 2012 CCSDS meeting in Cleveland

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 16 20:35:46 EDT 2012

WG Chairs: many of you will be aware of certain excesses conducted by US government personnel when arranging conferences, e.g., http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20120416/DEPARTMENTS07/204160301/GSA-scandal-Heavy-fallout-expected

The blow-back is that meeting planning rules have been drastically tightened and that consequently NASA will be unable to provide lunches or morning/afternoon snacks at the Cleveland meeting. Although there are adequate restaurants and snack places in and close to the hotel, we do expect a productivity impact since working groups will have to forage for snacks and lunches, rather than having them provided at fixed times and locations.

To compensate for this time loss, I would like to request that WG chairs consider lengthening the meeting day until 6:30PM on Monday-Wednesday. Please build this into your agendas. Meetings should start at 8:30AM.

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group