[Cesg-all] Fall 2011 meeting changes

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 20 15:11:59 EST 2011

The plan for the CCSDS Fall 2011 Technical Meeting had been to meet in Las Vegas during the week beginning on 30 October (the week after the International Telemetering Conference). It now appears certain that we will NOT be able meet in Las Vegas, as the hosting costs have risen to an unaffordable level. NASA is currently looking for an alternative location in the US and will advise us as soon as one is selected. It is hoped that the dates will stay the same.

It is also highly likely that from this Fall 2011 meeting onwards we will adopt a 4-day format (Monday through Thursday) in an attempt to reduce the overall burden of meeting travel.

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group
Space Communications and Navigation Office (SCaN)
Space Operations Mission Directorate
NASA Headquarters
Washington DC  20024-3210