[Secretariat] [Cesg-all] 1 Sls-rng moderator request(s) waiting

Oliver Brian (BTAS) brian.oliver at btas.com
Wed Nov 2 09:23:40 EST 2005

Enrico,

You are correct 1 e-mail request could add up to 21 separate e-mails over a 3-week period if moderation did not take place.  With your example, several options can take place in order to limit your workload on moderation.  I recommend these options in order listed.

1)      This option works well if you only own one list.  When returning back from a vacation or business trip simply only open the first e-mail from Mailman.  Go to that URL, which for you will be http://mailman.ccsds.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/sls-rng and complete the moderation for everything located at that URL.  Then simply delete all of the moderation warning mailman messages in your inbox.  This will allow you to limit the painstaking workload of going trough every single message.

2)      Change the administrator, or add another one for backup.  You can do this by going to your maillists admin page.  Your list is here: http://mailman.ccsds.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/sls-rng.  After logging in using the same login you use for moderating a new page will load.  Either remove your e-mail address and add the backup under the field labeled "The list administrator email addresses..." or add the backup to the next line.  When done hit "Submit your changes" at the bottom of the Screen.  You will then have to share your admin password with your backup.

3)      You can turn off the moderation nag messages.  This is not recommended, but if you have no backup, then you can go to the same url that I noted in option #2 and change "Yes" to "No" for the setting that is labeled "Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as well as daily notices about collected ones?" - NOTE - This is dangerous and almost just as much work as option #1, because you would then need to go back to the URL in option #1 and clean up any requests once you return, plus then remember to turn the nag messages back on.

I hope that one of these options work for you.

Thanks,

Brian Oliver