[Cesg-all] CCSDS Social Event, Sunday 10 April

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 31 15:46:32 EST 2005

Folks: for those of you who will be in Athens by Sunday 10 April, we are
tentatively planning a social event - an all day Sunday cruise to the
islands of Porus, Hydra and Aegina. The cost to each person is 85 Euros but
if we get enough people then we may be able to negotiate a discount. There
are no guarantees about the arrangements - this opportunity came out of a
casual web search at http://www.fantasy.gr/english/index.html - but so far
the operators seem to be reputable and responsive. The schedule is:

SUNDAY 10 APRIL:

8.00 a.m. Transfer by motorcoach from Athens to Flisvos Marina and embark
on the cruise ship.
8.30 a.m. sail for the island of HYDRA . In Hydra you have free time for a
stroll, shopping or swimming.
           In the early afternoon sail for the island of AEGINA , passing
through the narrow strait
           separating the Peloponnesian coast from the island of POROS .
Lunch is served after sailing.
           Short stop in Poros. Upon arrival in Aegina you can either join
the excursion to the
           Temple of Aphaia (extra cost) or walk around the main town.
Finally, re-embark for
           the trip back to Flisvos Marina.
7.15 p.m. Arrival at Flisvos Marina and transfer to Athens .

Linda Kezer has graciously agreed to be the focal point for collecting the
names of people who are interested. Please let Linda know if you would like
to be included, plus any guests. Send your information to:

Linda Kezer <linda.kezer at nasa.gov>

Please pass this invitation on to your working group and BOF participants.
It's been a long time since we have had a CCSDS social event, and this
could be a great way to start the technical week in a relaxed and friendly
setting.

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)