[Cesg-all] AOS PINK SHEETS (was RE: [CMC] RP A3-07 Announcement of.,.)

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke@jpl.nasa.gov
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:06:10 -0700

--=====================_7518546==_.ALT

At 09:16 AM 8/21/2003, Adrian J. Hooke wrote:
>>At 11:38 AM 7/10/2003, ccsds_rapporteur wrote:
>>>The following draft CCSDS Recommendation has been placed on line for
>>>CCSDS Agency review:
>>>      CCSDS 701.0-P-3.1.  Advanced Orbiting Systems, Networks and Data
>>> Links: Architectural Specification.
>>>                          Pink Sheets.  April 2003.
>>>DOCUMENT DESCRIPTION:  This draft update to the Advanced Orbiting
>>>Systems, Networks and Data Links: Architectural Specification
>>>Recommendation modifies the VCDU Header by converting three of seven
>>>spare bits into a new VCDU Counter Extension field.
>At 07:57 AM 8/21/2003, Fred Brosi wrote:
>>Did we ever reach a resolution on this? My current feeling is that we are
>>a long way from a "Pink" proposal.
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>As far as this particular document is concerned, as you know I personally
>share your view that "we are a long way from a 'Pink' proposal". Since you
>and I represent 2/7 of the CESG, we clearly do not have CESG consensus to
>approve this document at this time. Perhaps Jean-Luc can comment about how
>he intends to proceed?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jean-Luc:

Please note that the due date for receipt of review comments by the
Secretariat is tomorrow, 2003-8-27. As you are aware, numerous technical
issues have been raised in association with this proposed change and AT
THIS TIME THIS CHANGE IS NOT APPROVED BY THE CESG. In fact, I have just
this morning received indications that it may not have been properly
coordinated with NASDA/JAXA, who are major stakeholders in the AOS
specification.

Please, at your earliest convenience, address this issue and come up with a
proposal for how you intend to proceed.

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Interplanetary Network Directorate
M/S 303-400, 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099, USA
+1.818.354.3063 OFFICE
+1.818.653.9553 MOBILE
+1 818.393.6228 FAX
http://www.ccsds.org

--=====================_7518546==_.ALT

At 09:16 AM 8/21/2003, Adrian J. Hooke
wrote:<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite><blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>
<dl><font color="#0000FF">
<dd>At 11:38 AM 7/10/2003, ccsds_rapporteur
wrote:<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>
<dd>The following draft CCSDS Recommendation has been placed on line for
CCSDS Agency review:
<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CCSDS 701.0-P-3.1.&nbsp; Advanced Orbiting
Systems, Networks and Data Links: Architectural Specification.
<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Pink Sheets.&nbsp; April 2003.
<dd>DOCUMENT DESCRIPTION:&nbsp; This draft update to the Advanced
Orbiting Systems, Networks and Data Links: Architectural Specification
Recommendation modifies the VCDU Header by converting three of seven
spare bits into a new VCDU Counter Extension
we ever reach a resolution on this? My current feeling is that we are a
long way from a &quot;Pink&quot;
As far as this particular document is concerned, as you know I personally
share your view that &quot;we are a long way from a 'Pink'
proposal&quot;. Since you and I represent 2/7 of the CESG, we clearly do
not have CESG consensus to approve this document at this time. Perhaps
Jean-Luc can comment about how he intends to
Jean-Luc:<br><br>
Please note that the due date for receipt of review comments by the
Secretariat is tomorrow, 2003-8-27. As you are aware, numerous technical
issues have been raised in association with this proposed change and
CESG.</b></font> In fact, I have just this morning received indications
that it may not have been properly coordinated with NASDA/JAXA, who are
major stakeholders in the AOS specification.<br><br>
Please, at your earliest convenience, address this issue and come up with
a proposal for how you intend to proceed.<br><br>
Best regards<br>
Adrian<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Adrian J. Hooke<br>
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)<br>
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, <br>
Interplanetary Network Directorate<br>
M/S 303-400, 4800 Oak Grove Drive<br>
Pasadena, California 91109-8099, USA<br>
+1.818.354.3063 OFFICE<br>
+1.818.653.9553 MOBILE<br>
+1 818.393.6228 FAX<br>
</a></html>