[Ccsds-omg-liaison] Initial AB Review of CubeSat Reference Model [to be continued]

Pete Rivett pete.rivett at agnos.ai
Thu Jun 10 20:07:02 UTC 2021

Interesting question about conformance. There are a few aspects:
a) is a modeling tool able to load and support the CSRM profile?
b) is a modeling tool able to additionally load the actual CSRM model?
Despite the model not being normative, the tool is clearly pretty useless
for CSRM purposes if it can load only the profile but not the reference
model/framework that everyone is supposed to start from. In the sense of
tool conformance the reference model is like a test so there's nothing
wrong IMO with using it for conformance
c) is an actual Cubesat model conformant with the constraints in the
profile? Since the constraints in the profile are normative then this can
be part of formal compliance
d) is an actual Cubesat model consistent with the structure in the
reference model? This relates more to your "strongly encouraged" point. I
think this aspect could be taken further (in FTF) with regard to indicating
what must be retained and what dispensed with. It might not represent
formal compliance with the specification but we could use a milder phrase
such as "consistent with".

a) and b) relate to the modeling tool; c) and d) relate to an actual model.
All are, I think, appropriate.

Pete