[Ccsds-omg-liaison] [OMG] 2020Q3 TC Meeting - Tuesday Update

Jason McC. Smith jason at omg.org
Wed Sep 16 02:27:26 UTC 2020

Greetings, all, from the smoky skies of Seattle.

We’re two days into our third virtual OMG Technical Community conference, and we have developments to share with all our members.

First up, a congratulations to the following projects and their representatives for running the gauntlet and being recommended by the Architecture Board to their respective Technical Committees. They’ll be put forth for a vote at Friday’s plenary, so we hope you can join us.  (As a reminder, registration is free for all OMG Member representatives, you can do so at https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q3/registration.htm and gain access to the schedule where you will find our call in links.)

GEMS 1.5 RTF							Eric Ogren, Kratos Defense
The Ground Equipment Monitoring Service specification defines a lightweight standard for the control and status of typical ground equipment found in the space domain using a model driven approach.

SysPhS 1.1 RTF							Conrad Bock, NIST
The SysML Extension for Physical Interaction and Signal Flow Simulation extends SysML with additional information needed to model physical interaction and signal flow simulation independently of simulation platforms; provides a human-usable textual syntax for mathematical expressions; includes a platform-independent SysML library of simulation elements that can be reused in system models; gives translations between SysML as extended above and two widely-used simulation languages and tools for physical interaction and signal flow simulation.

OARIS 2.0 (Additional Sensors) Submission		Simon Mettrick, BAE Systems
This Open Architecture Radar Interface Standard (OARIS) specification defines the interface between the CMS and a Sensor system (especially a Radar system) within a modular combat system architecture for naval platforms. It is structured to align with the objective of dividing the interface into three categories, namely subsystem services (interfaces applicable to any module within a combat system), sensor services (interfaces applicable to any sensor component within a combat system) and radar services (interfaces applicable to complex radar components within a combat system), as illustrated below. Version 2.0 of the specification expands the scope of the sensor services such that it provides the necessary interfaces for the integration of other combat system sensors and subsystems.

Additionally, this means that we expect the GEMS 1.6 RTF, SysPhS 1.2 RTF and OARIS 2.0 FTF will be chartered this Friday, please declare yourself for their rolls if you would like to join them and help continue our ongoing mission of expert maintenance of our standards.

Tomorrow we are looking forward to another full day, as the majority of our groups kick into high gear.  Tomorrow evening, we will be hosting a virtual reception at, where else, The Lemon Bar.  (You knew I had to work that in somewhere.)  You will find the connection information in our Guidebook site and app, available to all registrants.  Drop on by, it’s quite obviously bring your own beverage, but we hope to see you there for a small slice of social that we could all use these days.

Until then, breathe easy, stay safe, and as always, thank you for making this community a success through your hard work and dedication.

Jason McC. Smith, Ph.D.
VP / Technical Director
Object Management Group
jason at omg.org