[Ccsds-omg-liaison] 2020Q2 Architecture Board Monday update

Jason McC. Smith jason at omg.org
Tue Jun 23 01:00:37 UTC 2020

Greetings all, I thought I’d let everyone in on a quick review of today’s Architecture Board (AB) session, and a preview for Thursday.  We welcome any OMG Member representative to join in on the call if they’re interested, so call in to our Webex link which you can find on the Agenda here: https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q2/agendas/ArchitectureBoardCalendar.html <https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q2/agendas/ArchitectureBoardCalendar.html>

And on that subject, a reminder that the AB agenda is *highly* prone to last minute changes, so please check the link immediately prior to calling in.  We had a *ahem* ‘minor’ glitch today that necessitated a very rapid fix on Jürgen’s part, but he got us going again in short order.  Apologies to those who were using the temporarily stale link on the Agenda.

On a better note, a huge congratulations tonight to the following groups and their primary contacts, who successfully passed a rigorous AB review and were recommended for adoption.  These motions to adopt will appear during our Friday plenary meeting of their respective Technical Committees, so be sure to be on the lookout for these agenda items, and be ready to vote your recommendation.

Semantics of Software Faults: Software Fault Pattern Metamodel (SFPM) RFC
	Djenana Campara (KDM Analytics)
TACSIT Data Exchange (TEX) 1.0 FTF
	Hugues Vincent (Thales Group)
DDS-JSON 1.0 FTF
	Fernando Garcia (RTI)
Command and Control Interface for Navigation (C2INav) 1.0 FTF
	Simon Mettrick (BAE Systems)
fUML 1.5 RTF
	Ed Seidewitz (Model Driven Solutions)

For those of you unfamiliar with OMG processes, these groups are nearing the end of a road of volunteered time and energy to create and improve our specifications.  To be recommended by the AB means they have completed all OMG process requirements including extremely thorough documentation, rigorous attention to detail, and technical excellence.  For those of you who have been through this process, you know the hard work it entails.  A round of applause and thanks for those folks involved.

On Thursday, we’ll be reviewing and discussing the two additional FTF Reports, and three full Submissions listed on the Agenda linked above.  If you’re attending representing an OMG Member, we invite you to call in if you have an interest in these technologies on the Agenda or if you simply wish to find out more about what goes on at the AB meetings.

Until then, I urge you to check out the numerous activities and meetings available to you this week, as can be found on our agenda pages organized by group (https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q2/agendas.htm <https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q2/agendas.htm>) and in a week-at-a-glance view (https://www.omg.org/members/tc-meeting-Q2-2020.htm <https://www.omg.org/members/tc-meeting-Q2-2020.htm>).

See you around this week, and thanks again to everyone who makes this the active community that it is.  As always, if you have any questions or comments you can contact me or other OMG staff and we’ll be happy to assist.

Jason McC. Smith, Ph.D.
VP / Technical Director
Object Management Group
jason at omg.org