[Ccsds-omg-liaison] RE: Proposed Govsat guidelines for XTCE

Kizzort, Brad bkizzort at harris.com
Tue Aug 14 11:13:23 EDT 2012

Shane,

This is the first time I have shepherded a spec through the RFC process at OMG, which is supposed to be faster than the standard RFP/submit/review process that takes 24+ months. I am just guessing at a timeline, but here is the "no major bumps in the road" schedule:

12/10/2012-12/14/2012 - SDTF, AB, and DTC votes for approval at December 2012 OMG meeting, RFC is issued
12/14/2012-2/18/2013 - Comment period
3/18/2013-3/22/2012 - SDTF, AB vote to recommend adoption, DTC voting period opens at March 2013 OMG meeting
6/17/2013-6/21/2013 -  OMG BC votes to adopt at June 2013 OMG meeting after DTC fax/email vote is completed
6/21/2013-12/10/2013 - Finalization of spec, publicly available

Since this is a tailoring of the XTCE spec aimed at US gov't missions only, I don't believe it is planned for review by CCSDS, however, I have heard that ESA or CCSDS is considering publishing a similar recommendation for an XTCE subset.

The comments period is open to all, no OMG membership is required to submit comments once the RFC is issued.

Brad