[Ccsds-omg-liaison] Re: XTCE Reference Implementation?

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 9 12:22:40 EST 2005

At 08:30 AM 2/9/2005, Mario.Merri at esa.int wrote:
>Given the above, I think that there is enough prototyping material to
>kick-off the CCSDS public review.

Mario: I agree. However, in order to kick off the review the following
procedural steps are necessary:

1. You (as CCSDS-SMC-WG chair) must work with Steve Harris (Secretariat) to
get the Red and Green Books produced in an acceptable CCSDS format. That
includes the addition of the "encapsulation" CCSDS boilerplate that I
suggested. Please let me know if you are having any difficulties in getting
the Red and Green books drafted.

2. As WG chair you must formulate a written memorandum containing the
statement about the reference implementations (along the lines of the one
that you just sent out, including the attachments) and transmit the
following integrated package to Nestor (Area Director):

a. Red Book
b. Green Book
c. Reference Implementation memorandum.

3. Nestor will then send this integrated package to me (CESG chairman). If
the integrated package is satisfactory, I will then expedite their CCSDS
Agency review.

NOTE: I cannot send out the package until I have confirmation from the OMG
(John Siegel) that they have no legal objections to CCSDS encapsulating and
redistributing their documentation.

4. The reviewable CCSDS document is the Red Book. Note that Appendix A2 of
the Red Book contains a print-out of the XML schema and in order to ease
the review by the final users of the standard, an electronic copy of the
schema is also available (as an .xsd file that can be opened with a tool,
e.g. XML Spy, or with a Browser). This .xsd file must be loaded onto a
public area of the CCSDS.org website by the Secretariat and the Red Book
review instructions that are sent out by the Secretariat must link to where
this file can be downloaded (if needed).

5. The Reference Implementation memorandum (and its supporting material)
must also be loaded onto a public area of the CCSDS.org website by the
Secretariat and the Red Book review instructions that are sent out by the
Secretariat must also link to that memorandum.

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)