[cssm] Eclipse - Papyrus; Installation problem.

Colin Haddow Scotty.Consulting at Scotty-Enterprizes.com
Mon Nov 6 12:51:01 UTC 2023

Dear all,
              I was just rechecking the installation procedure for Papyrus as written in the TN and it wouldn't install. After a bit of Googling it turns out that the problem has been caused by an update to another Eclipse component (Xtext). An outline of the issue and a (slightly fiddley) workaround can be found at the following URL;

 https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1113675/
[https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse.org-common/themes/solstice/public/images/logo/eclipse-foundation-200x200.png]<https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1113675/>
Eclipse Community Forums: Papyrus ยป Papyrus could not intialize services - error | The Eclipse Foundation<https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1113675/>
The Eclipse Foundation - home to a global community, the Eclipse IDE, Jakarta EE and over 350 open source projects, including runtimes, tools and frameworks.
www.eclipse.org
Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon, but we just need to see.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow

Scotty Consulting UG