[cssm] 5 year refresh for SSF

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 22 17:17:48 UTC 2023

CCSDS Colleagues,

Believe it or not, it has been 5 years since the Simple Schedule Format (SSF) CCSDS 902.1 became a published CCSDS standard. CCSDS processes include a check for published standards every 5 years to see if the standard is still applicable and if so, if it needs to be updated.  In the case of the SSF, I do know that it has been adopted by multiple member agencies and so it is really a question of whether or not it should be updated. Accordingly, may I ask that you please check inside your agency and  provide inputs as to any change requests? It would be good to have such a list of changes going into the fall meetings so I think it would be good to have any such inputs by the end of October at the latest.  I propose that we follow-up on this at the working group teleconference next week.