[Smwg] 927x01w0_10 - Terrestrial Generic File Transfer - Updated draft

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Fri May 3 14:52:29 UTC 2019

Dear all,
                 I've just uploaded the latest draft of the Terrestrial
Generic File Transfer Book to CWE, This contains the editorial updates
discussed in Berlin, i.e. removal of text left over from the concept stage
and tightening up the introductory parts. Please note that I have left the
Annex with description of the "Concept for using XFDUs in TGFT" in the
book and I've also added another (informative) Annex dealing with the
relation between TGFT and other file services. It could be argued that
these might be more appropriate to a green book however as far as I'm
concerned the experience of prototyping has shown that the  "Concept for
using XFDUs in TGFT" Annex is an essential resource for understanding and
implementing the XFDUs required by TGFT and therefore should remain. The
new annex I've added is only 1 page long and having a seperate book for
that just seems a bit excessive. Anyway its up for discussion in San
Fransisco.

The Terrestrial Generic File Transfer document can be found at the
following URL.

Document:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private/Book%20Production/Blue/Terrestrial%20Generic%20File%20Transfer/White%20Book/Drafts/927x01w0_10%20-%20Terrestrial%20Generic%20File%20Transfer.doc

Cheers for now,