[Smwg] 902x9-w0.05 - Service Management Utilization Request Formats - Updated draft

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Wed Mar 14 14:57:58 UTC 2018

Dear all,
                  I've just uploaded the latest draft of the Service
Management Utilization Request Formats to CWE, This contains the updates
discussed at San Antonio and Den Haag. I've also uploaded the updated UML
model and Schemas.. The following points should be noted;

None of the Annexes are written yet. As this ICS in particular will be a
pain for this I'm planning on leaving that until the rest of the
recommendation is pretty stable.
There are a number of dependencies on structures that will be defined in
other books, viz. ConfigurationProfileContents, EventSeqeunce, and
ServicePackage. I've written some dummy placeholders for them
The Trajectory class is also a place holder at the moment as I need to do
a bit more work on it.
There are a number of items which probably should be moved into the
Service Management Common Data Entities book as they will probably be
useful elsewhere in SM
There is a dependency on the PIF and again it would probably make sense to
move this from the PIF into the Service Management Common Data Entities
book
Included is a first pass at the time windows concept JP brought up at Den
Haag. I'm not completely happy with this at the moment for the reasons
below, the following figure and diagram show the current definition of the
TimeWindows class;

Table 3-40: Class TimeWindow Parameters
Parameter
Description
Data Type
Data Units
includeWindow
If true indicates that the time range specified by the window is
considered to be included.
If false indicates that the time range specified by the window is
considered to be included.
xsd:Boolean
n/a
startOfWindow
Used to specify (in UTC) the start time of the window.
CCSDS ASCII Time Code B (reference [3])
UTC
endOfWindow
Used to specify (in UTC) the end time of the window.
CCSDS ASCII Time Code B (reference [3])
UTC

What I'm not clear on is the meaning of the "includeWindow" flag. As it
stands we could have in a "time windows set" some time windows that are
"included" and some which are "excluded". In this case what happens to
time ranges that are not included or excluded, i.e.

           t1----------------------------t2   t3--------------------t4

lets say that the window t1 -> t2 is included and t3 -> t4 is excluded,
what about the time range from t2 -> t3.

Would it make more sense to move the include flag to the TimeWindow class
?, in that case it would mean that all specified time windows would either
be included (i.e. would represent time that services should be scheduled
in) or excluded (i.e. would represent times that service should not be
scheduled in).

To be discussed.

Also included in the Schemas is a very simple request example. There is
more work needed on the examples but as I'm not going to have any time to
do this before the next WebEx I thought it was as well to upload things
just now.

The  Service Management Utilization Request Format document, model and
schemas can be found at the following URLs.

Document:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private%20-%20Beta/Book%20Production/Blue/Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Format/White%20Book/Drafts/902x9-w0.05%20-%20Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Formats.doc

Model:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private%20-%20Beta/Book%20Production/Blue/Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Format/White%20Book/Drafts/902x9-w0.05%20-%20Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Formats%20-%20UmlModel.zip

Schemas:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private%20-%20Beta/Book%20Production/Blue/Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Format/White%20Book/Drafts/902x9-w0.05%20-%20Service%20Management%20Utilization%20Request%20Formats%20-%20Schema.zip

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,
HSO-GI, European Space Agency,