[Sis-dtn] Compressed Bundle Status Reporting - Orange Book Draft C

Felix Flentge Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Mon Sep 11 09:19:02 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have just uploaded a new draft for the Compressed Status Reporting Orange Book to the SIS-DTN Google Drive:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NzkIvK0zblsWuXsfThS-YoA6XsRd5029/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=113258250953253070571&rtpof=true&sd=true

I have added the 'short form' for the CREB block for cases when it is inserted by the source node allowing sequence counters for 'bundle flows'.
I have also added a special CBR Counter ID '0' for cases where the sending node is providing sequence numbers per destination endpoint IDs. To me, this seems to be the only case where a receiving (singleton) bundle node can detect gaps or out-of-order delivery without any additional conventions. This also required the definition of a new form for the administrative recored. We should discuss whether this is useful or whether it is just introducing to much complexity.

Please also have a look at Section 5 for a description how custody transfer can be implemented using CREB.

Please feel free to provide any comments / questions directly in Google docs.

Regards,
Felix

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary information and/or protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies appropriate organisational measures to protect personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).