[Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] RE: New version of LTP Corrigendum

Sanchez Net, Marc (US 332H) marc.sanchez.net at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 31 12:55:07 UTC 2023

I am unconvinced either way, to be honest. I agree with Jeremy forcing the LTP engine to know the contact plan is not great, but having another “stale session timeout” seems an equally non-ideal solution. Would all these problems “go away” if we force in the spec that a green block always be transmitted as a single green segment? But then the block size must be matched to the underlying link MTU (or transmission size used by the mission) which is <=65 kB for transfer frames, I believe. Would that be too restrictive if we sent streaming video over LTP green?

Marc Sanchez Net (332H)
Telecommunications Engineer
Jet Propulsion Laboratory