[Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] RE: New version of LTP Corrigendum

Sipos, Brian J. Brian.Sipos at jhuapl.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:12:14 UTC 2023

Bob,

There was a small survey last year to try to harmonize understanding of different aspects and interfaces of CLAs. Section 2 of a draft document [1] describes different aspects of a CL, as provided by a CLA, that would inform how a BPA chooses to utilize each CL available to it. The draft has since expired, but if it seems like there is value here and if there is any feedback it can be revived and continued to be edited.

A couple things not mentioned in that section are the notation that a CL has an envelope of aspects that can be further restricted by an actual CLA use (e.g. the UDPCL may support up to 65k size but my implementation or my network limits to something smaller), and similar discussion of security aspects of CLs.

It would also be interesting to get feedback from some of the terminology and API unifying between different BPA implementations that has been happening by Josh and others.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-sipos-dtn-bpv7-cla-services-00.html#section-2