[Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] R: Special use of sequence number in bundle creation time stamp

Keith Scott keithlscott at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:17:28 UTC 2023

I'm all for the capability, but an extension block seems the way to go.  I
think either SIS-DTN, or even SOIS, could do this (and/or in conjunction
with the IETF), and get the extension block registered with IANA for all to
use.  In the meantime, it seems like it's something that's only used at the
endpoints, so you could just use one of the private block types until the
block is registered, then switch to the allocated type number.

    --keith