[Sis-csi] 2:30 Eastern it is -- IDEA VxWorks info

Schneider, Larry larry.schneider at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 29 18:30:43 EST 2007

We know Linux well but are not VxWorks experts. If someone has some
commands we could run or tests we could perform within reason we'd be
glad to.

The VxWorks systems we have are TSI FDPs. They are  about 4 years old.
We think they are ~ 300 MHz. We recall
discussions about upgrading them to 433 MHz though that never happened.

There are a total of 21 of them located at MSFC (6), JSC (3), WSC (6) ,
and a couple of support facilities (2). We have four in our lab.

The systems process the ISS Ku-band 150 mb/s downlink as well as the
S-band downlink.

The systems process 15,000 1100 byte VCDU frames / second in and out. We
demonstrated the systems can not process 30,000 1100 byte VCDU frames /
second in and out though we didn't try to probe any further.

We also demonstrated that they can't record and distribute 15,000 1100
byte VCDU frames at the same time.