[Sis-csi] High-rate uplinks

Ernst, Darrell E. dernst at mitre.org
Mon Jan 29 08:56:35 EST 2007

That is generally correct in  most space systems.  The DOD uses SGLS
(Space Ground Link System).  The SGLS uplink channels are on the order
of 1 MHz wide.  They are in the S-band (1755-1850 MHz).  It has been
awhile, but I seem to recall there were a standard low and high data
rate.  The low was 9.6 Kbps.  The high might have been 1 Mbps, but I
could be wrong.  Should be able to find the SGLS info on the Web or
have someone at Aerospace send you the Aerospace SGLS manual.

Darrell

Darrell Ernst
The MITRE Corporation
7525 Colshire Drive