[Sis-csi] 2:30 Eastern it is

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Jan 25 16:48:34 EST 2007

The whole forward and return terminology sprung from (I think)
cellphone technology and assumes that there's a 'center' and an 'edge'.
If I'm an astronaut using a lunar relay both to command a distant rover
and to send telemetry to Earth, am I transmitting on a forward or a
return link?

Links are links.  (wasn't there a 1970s commercial with that theme?)

        --keith