[Sea-sa] Request to re-confirm the Reference Architecture for Information Management (RASIM), CCSDS 312.0-G-1

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Nov 12 12:48:12 UTC 2023

Dear SEA SA colleagues,

One of the documents that the SEA has produced over the years is the Reference Architecture for Information Management (RASIM), CCSDS 312.0-G-1.   This describes data models, meta-models, basic information object types like registry, repository, and data product.  This was published in 2013 and technology has marched on, as it does, so some of the references are a little dated, but I believe that all of the fundamental concepts remain relevant.

We do need to update this at some point, but I judge the relevance of the existing projects, RASDS++, SCCS-ARD, and eventually the SCCS-ADD update, to be a higher priority for CCSDS and for our user community.

I propose to just reconfirm this document, in its present form, until we have freed up the resources to do an update justice.  CCSDS still does not have any other document that covers these topics in as through and consistent a fashion.

Please take a look at this and reply to me by the end of the month, 30 November, if you approve of doing this.  Especially let me know if you have any serious objections to reconfirmation, and on what grounds.  I will not proceed if there are serious objections.

Thanks, Peter