[SEA-exec] SEA & other SEA supported Meeting planning

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 2 01:46:04 UTC 2023

Dear SEA, SANA, and Boot Camp crew,

We’ve been asked to provide preferred schedule info for the upcoming CCSDS Working Meetings.  We have had a pretty effective schedule of items for the last few working meetings.  I think this is what we have done in the past and I wanted to check with all of you before I asked it to be entered into the combined schedule.

Motivations:

  1.  SEA work cross cuts a lot of different Areas, by design, and some of our participants have other meetings they need to attend.
  2.  Assume that most other WG start early in the week, so if we keep to the end of the week we avoid the most collisions.
  3.  Want to start the SEA work off with a coordinated plan and identify any tricky bits we might need to work around.   Want to review the week at the end and identify any follow-up items.
  4.  I’d like to drive toward having the Pink Books for both RASDS and SCCS-ARD ready for broader review no later than end of July.

Meeting plan:

  1.  Hold a short SEA “tag-up” plenary on Monday right after the opening plenary.  Review the plans of work.
  2.  Hold SEA SAWG working meetings all day Thursday (RASDS) and Friday morning (SCCS-ARD).
     *   Note: We are likely to need to schedule some separate SCCS-ARD working sessions with SLS, SIS, and CSS to make sure that we are all in alignment
  3.  Hold Boot Camp on Friday afternoon, I will only be there for the first 1-1.5 hrs (130-300)
  4.  Hold SANA Steering Group after Friday PM break (330-430)
  5.  Hold SEA Closing Plenary Friday PM (430-530)

Please let me know if you think this will work with your schedules, and particularly let me know if there is something that “breaks” and you cannot be there when needed.

Feedback please by end of the day, Monday, 6 March.

Thanks, Peter