[Moims-sc] [CCSDS] MAL Header - Optimization

Coelho, César cesar.coelho at cgi.com
Fri May 19 14:29:44 UTC 2023

Dear SM&Cers,

I would like to propose an optimization in the MAL Headers.
Basically, to change the type of Service Area, Service, and Operation, to UOctet (range is 0 to 255):

Field

Type

Description

From

Identifier

Message Source

Authentication Id

Blob

Authentication Identifier of Message Originator

Identifier

Message Destination

Timestamp

Time

Message generation timestamp

Interaction Type

InteractionType

Interaction Pattern Type

Interaction Stage

UOctet

Interaction Pattern Stage

Transaction Id

Long

Unique to consumer

Service Area

UShort

Service Area

Service

UShort

Service

Operation

UShort

Service Operation

Service version

UOctet

Service version

Is Error Message

Boolean

'True' if this is an error message; else 'False'

Supplements

List<NamedValue>

Optional supplementary fields

This optimization also allows the Fully Qualified Short Form Part to be defined using a UInteger (4Bytes) instead of a ULong (8Bytes).
From:  Area Number (UShort - 2B), Area Version (UShort - 2B), Service Number (UShort - 2B), SFP (Short - 2B)
To: Area Number (UOctet - 1B), Area Version (UOctet - 1B), SFP (Short - 2B)

In terms of changes, this is easy to fix in the books, and also in the code.
Let me know if you disagree with this optimization.
If I receive no reply within the next 2 weeks, I will assume that you agree and I will update the book accordingly.

Best regards,
César Coelho

Dr. César Coelho
CGI Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG  | Space
Mornewegstr. 30 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
T: +49 173 54100 45 | email: cesar.coelho at cgi.com

Unsere Pflichtangaben gemäß § 35a GmbHG / §§ 161, 125a HGB finden Sie unter de.cgi.com/pflichtangaben.