[Moims-sc] MAL ObjectRef

roger.rocketbrain at btinternet.com roger.rocketbrain at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 12 18:20:00 UTC 2021

Hi All,

As I am currently reviewing the MPS Information model with respect to usage
of ObjectRef and the new StaticObjectRef MAL::Attribute types, I would like
to make the following observation and resulting recommendation.

The great majority of object references are to objects of known type - the
"StaticObjectRef", with only a small minority requiring the full context
ObjectRef.

Could I therefore propose, that the attribute type "ObjectRef" is used for
the more common attribute type pointing to a fixed type (the "static" object
ref), and that we find a new name for the rarer full object ref that
includes the Area and Type - my suggestion is "FullObjectRef".
I think it makes sense to have the simpler name for the most commonly used
type - plus it has the advantage that I don't have to change all the
references in the existing MPS model!

Cheers,

Roger