[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Apr 2024

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 10 21:49:10 UTC 2024

Daniel:

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 10-Apr-2024 telecon. Overall progress is good.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4): Julie Halverson has prepared a response to a reader's question on quaternion operations that will be provided to the reader. The SANA registry will be updated with the resolution. A corrigendum to the Green Book will likely be prepared in the near future.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): Pink Book Draft 2.0.2 is complete effective today. We will commence internal WG review soon. We will discuss the updated version during the Spring Meetings.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): The NDM/XML V.4 document has just completed the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" poll. Next up: CMC Poll.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): There should be an initial White Book to discuss at the Spring 2024 meetings. Draft Spring agenda includes a time slot for discussion.

507.1 Launch Data Message: We discussed aspects of a first White Book. There should be an initial White Book to discuss at the Spring 2024 meetings. Draft Spring agenda includes a time slot for discussion.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): The Agency Review is now in progress; review ends 2024-05-31.

508.2 Fragmentation Data Message: Our Lead Editor was not able to attend, so no new status. Draft Spring agenda includes a time slot for discussion.

Recently published/reconfirmed standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book (V.3), 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3), 504.0 Attitude Data Messages (V.2), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (V.1), 509.0 Pointing Request Message (V.1)