[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Sep 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 25 18:16:30 UTC 2023

Daniel:

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 25-Sep-2023 telecon. Overall progress is adequate.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4): We will discuss the potential for an updated version of this document at the Fall 2023 Meetings.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): Pink Book Draft 2.0.2 is in progress. We hope to have an updated version to review prior to the Fall 2023 Meetings. In The Hague we are planning a joint meeting with the CSTS/Tracking Data team.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): The request to commence the ADM V.2 "approval to publish" polls was belatedly received by the CCSDS Editor, so we are a bit delayed with respect to our planned schedule.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): The V.4 schemas that accommodate the ADM V.2 changes have been completed, posted to the "nav beta" SANA Registry, and were used in the ADM V.2 testing (3 separate testers: Thales Alenia Space, GMV, and NASA/JPL). They will be promoted to SANA Production once the ADM V.2 is published. Next up: The NDM/XML V.4 document is nearly ready for Secretariat Document Processing; progress was delayed due to budget issues. The V.4 primarily removes obsolete material related to the ADM V.1 which is about to transition to Silver status. In early-to-mid October it is planned to submit the draft document and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): There may be an initial White Book prior to or shortly after the Fall 2023 meetings.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): The next version distributed to the full WG will be P-1.0.6, which will primarily be a proofreading version only; all technical changes for the new version have presumably been made. We anticipate being able to request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls shortly after the Fall 2023 Meetings.

508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM V.1): The 5 Year Review will be discussed at the Fall 2023 Meetings.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): The PRM Corrigenda have passed CESG polling; CMC polling is currently in progress and 5 votes to "Adopt" have been received. Publication appears to be imminent.

5xx.0 Launch Data Message (number to be assigned): Not discussed in this telecon except to identify a time slot on the Fall Meetings Agenda.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book, 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3).