[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Jan 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 18 16:02:35 UTC 2023

Mario/Marc:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 18-Jan-2023 telecon. Overall progress is very good.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book (V.2): This document has just completed the CESG "Approval to Publish" Poll. Unfortunately, CSS submitted "Conditions" that must now be addressed prior to proceeding to the CMC Poll.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM V.3): Prototype testing is nearing completion. A few final document tweaks have been necessitated based on the testing, but nothing of a major nature has emerged. XML schemas have been updated and are ready on the beta SANA registry. We anticipate that we will request an Area Director Resolution for Approval to Publish in the near future.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): Due to time constraints in today's telecon, we had very little time to discuss some issues raised by the TDM Lead Editor. Consequently, next month's telecon will lead off with the TDM as the primary topic. A second Pink Book draft is in progress; the updated draft is anticipated prior to the Spring 2023 Meetings.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): Work towards satisfying the prototyping requirement continues. The prototype Test Plan is nearing completion. Testing is anticipated between CNES, NASA, Thales Alenia Space, and possibly GMV.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.3, V.4): The Agency Review of the V.3 Pink Book is in progress, completing 08-Feb-2023. The associated schemas are on the beta.sanaregistry.org site. We are working to "fast track" this document update as much as possible in order to keep current with the Orbit Data Messages progress. Now that the V.3 Agency Review is in progress, a V.4 "new project" was proposed and approved by you; the CMC "new project" poll was completed successfully. The V.4 will accommodate changes needed to support the ADM V.2 (and possibly CDM V.2). Note that the CCSDS Tech Support has not yet added the V.4 to our list of active projects.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): Distribution of the first NEM White Book has been further delayed due to the fact that the NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2):  A Pink Book P1.0.4 will be distributed in mid-February 2023 and is intended to be the last Pink Book internally reviewed prior to Agency Review. The consensus of the group is that this version of the Pink Book is nearly ready for Agency Review.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): After correspondence with the MOIMS/MP WG, a very minor Corrigendum will be submitted. Research for the Corrigendum has been completed. A draft of the Corrigendum is anticipated by mid-February 2023.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM V.1).