[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Feb 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 22 19:12:05 UTC 2023

Mario/Marc:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 22-Feb-2023 telecon. Overall progress is very good.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book (V.2): The Conditions raised during the recent CESG "Approval to Publish" Poll have been proposed and approved by the affected Area Director. The document has been returned to the Secretariat with corrections, and it no longer appears in the list of "Closed CESG Polls with Conditions Still Pending/Unsatisfied".

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM V.3): Prototype testing is effectively complete (a few minor cleanup matters remain). Testing of both KVN messages and XML messages has been performed successfully. The Test Report is being finalized. On Monday 02/27/2023 we plan to submit all of the artifacts required to complete the project and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval to Publish" polls.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): In today's telecon, we spent 75% of the time discussing proposed changes to the TDM V.3. Our Lead Editor has been performing a very thorough analysis of the design principles of the TDM and is raising a number of good topics that require discussion. A second Pink Book draft is in progress; an updated draft is anticipated prior to the Spring 2023 Meetings.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): Prototype testing has commenced a good progress is being made. Testing is anticipated between CNES, NASA, Thales Alenia Space, and possibly GMV.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.3, V.4): The Agency Review of the V.3 Pink Book was completed 08-Feb-2023. The associated schemas are on the beta.sanaregistry.org site and have been used in ODM V.3 testing and NDM/XML 3.0 testing. On Monday 02/27/2023 we plan to submit all of the artifacts required to complete the NDM/XML 3.0 project and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval to Publish" polls. A V.4 "new project" was recently proposed and approved by the CMC, but our "new project" does not yet appear in the list of approved projects on the CWE. The V.4 will accommodate changes needed to support the ADM V.2 (and possibly CDM V.2).

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): Distribution of the first NEM White Book has been further delayed due to the fact that the NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2):  A Pink Book P1.0.4 was distributed Monday 02/20/2023 and is intended to be the last Pink Book internally reviewed prior to Agency Review. The consensus of the group is that this version of the Pink Book is nearly ready for Agency Review.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): After correspondence with the MOIMS/MP WG, a very minor Corrigendum will be submitted. Research for the Corrigendum has been completed. A draft of the Corrigendum is anticipated by end of February 2023.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM V.1).