[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Dec 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 14 00:28:19 UTC 2023

Daniel:

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 13-Dec-2023 telecon. Overall progress is good.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4): We discussed the potential for an updated version of this document at the Fall 2023 Meetings, but did not commit to an update. A proposal to gradually phase out the document by migrating material to the SANA Registry is being considered.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): Pink Book Draft 2.0.2 is in progress. We hope to have an updated version to review by the time of our February telecon 07-Feb-2024.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): The ADM V.2 CESG "Approval to Publish" poll ended with Conditions from 2 Area Directors. One AD has approved our response to the Conditions. Proposed responses to the second AD's Conditions were sent shortly after the closure of the Poll, but he has not yet responded. Given the time of year, he may already be on holiday. There is supposedly a 30-day time out on his reply. Hopefully we do not need to wait 30 days for approval to proceed.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): The V.4 schemas that accommodate the ADM V.2 changes have been completed, posted to the "nav beta" SANA Registry, and were used in the ADM V.2 testing (3 separate testers: Thales Alenia Space, GMV, and NASA/JPL). They will be promoted to SANA Production once the ADM V.2 is published. Next up: The NDM/XML V.4 document is nearly ready for Secretariat Document Processing; progress was delayed due to budget issues and the Fall Meetings. The V.4 primarily removes obsolete material related to the ADM V.1 which is about to transition to Silver status. By mid-January it is planned to submit the draft document and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): There should be an initial White Book to discuss at the Spring 2024 meetings.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): The most recent version draft P-1.0.7 has been forwarded to you for the Area Director Review, and hopefully a Resolution to initiate Secretariat Document Processing and CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): The PRM was reconfirmed at the Fall 2023 Meetings.

5xx.0 Launch Data Message (number to be assigned): Not discussed in this telecon.

5xx.0 Fragmentation Data Message (number to be assigned): A CMC Poll for this proposed document has been requested.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book, 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (V.1).