[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Request for Area Director Review and Resolution for CCSDS Navigation Data Message XML Specification "Agency Review" Draft

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Sep 18 01:58:50 UTC 2022

Dear Mario and Marc:

In accordance with Section 6.2.2.2.1 of the "Organization and Processes for the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems", I am forwarding you the latest version of the Navigation Data Message XML Specification Version 3 draft (Pink Book P-2.0.2), which will hopefully result in a Resolution from you requesting the initiation of CESG and CMC Polling for Approval to release the document for Agency Review. Also attached is a comparison of NDM/XML P-2.0.2 Pink Book compared to the NDM/XML version 2.0 Blue Book. Although the changes look voluminous, there are really not too many changes if you see Annex I in the Pink Book.

Please note that this document was not listed in the Spring 2022 Navigation WG report as a "Further Resolution Anticipated in the Next 6 Months". This document is being presented at this time in order to attempt to have it published close to the same time as the Orbit Data Messages V.3, which will soon enter testing. I originally thought this version could also include the changes required for the Attitude Data Messages 2.0 document, but that document is not as close to completing as the ODM. Since the changes in the ODM require removal of material from the NDM/XML document, it is important that they proceed through the CCSDS standard "end game" as close in time as possible. The updated schemas described in the document have been prepared, but I still need to work with the SANA Team to get them posted on the SANA Registry. I understand that this is a prerequisite to actually starting the review; my plan is to send the updated schemas ASAP to the SANA Team so their processing can occur while the Secretariat Document Processing is underway.

Please advise if there is anything further you require before issuing a Resolution.

Best Regards,
David

P.S.:  I hope to see you both at the upcoming CCSDS Fall Meetings in Toulouse!