[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Jun 2022

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 29 15:02:18 UTC 2022

Mario/Marc:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 29-Jun-2022 telecon.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book (V.2): Project has started, and acceptable progress has been made.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM V.3): Work towards satisfying the prototyping requirement is in progress. One prototype is largely complete; the second is in progress (2 more months are estimated). Attention is now focused on completing the second prototype and continuing to execute the test plan.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): The first draft of this project is in progress, with our new Editor team (Lead plus Co-Editor). The first Pink Book draft should be available in August 2022.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): The Pink Book has passed CESG polling, and CMC polling, and is now in Agency Review ending in late August 2022. The co-editors of this document are considering approaches to the prototyping test plan.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.3): A draft Pink Book is in progress. This version is primarily motivated by the need to keep current with the Orbit Data Messages progress. A subset of the WG is considering draft proposals for a revised organization of the schemas. We have two different proposals, and a final direction has not been determined but we are close. The motivation for considering these changes is to eliminate (or substantially reduce) a number of problems that have been experienced with the NDM/XML over the last few years.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): Distribution of the first NEM White Book has been further delayed due to the fact that the NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2):  A P1.0.2 Pink Book was distributed 02-Mar-2022. The internal review of this draft is largely complete.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): After correspondence with the MOIMS/MP WG, a very minor Corrigendum will be submitted (not yet drafted).

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM V.1).