[Moims-ipr] CESG Final Review of XFDU Structure and Construction Rules

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Aug 5 09:14:12 EDT 2008

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 05/08/2008 15:13 -----

             "Adrian J. Hooke"
             <adrian.j.hooke at jp
             l.nasa.gov>                                                  To
                                        Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
             31/07/2008 19:04                                             cc
                                        "CCSDS Engineering Steering Group -
                                        ADs" <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>, CCSDS
                                        Rapporteur
                                        <secretariat at mailman.ccsds.org>, Dan
                                        Crichton
                                        <dan.crichton at jpl.nasa.gov>, Steve
                                        Hughes <John.S.Hughes at jpl.nasa.gov>
                                                                     Subject
                                        Re: CESG Final Review of XFDU
                                        Structure and Construction Rules

Nestor: I remain unpersuaded that this document is of suitable
quality to forward to the CMC for approval as a Blue Book. I propose
two actions:

1. I  will ask Dan Crichton and Steve Hughes conduct a quick
independent audit of the technical changes introduced since the
"final" Red Book review, to ascertain if they are substantial enough
to warrant a final fast-track Agency review.

2. The figures are a real problem. They are by and large illegible
and yet some of them are  stated to be normative. All of the
normative figures *must* be re-worked and resubmitted to Tom, and the
remainder must be clearly labeled as "informative" if they are not
re-worked to be clear and unambiguous.

Best regards
Adrian