[Moims-dai] R: SEC WG notes

Roberta Svanetti Roberta.Svanetti at dedagroup.it
Mon Jun 5 05:52:29 UTC 2023

Hi David,

From the Howie Weiss suggestions and concerns I agree with you. During the Spring DAI WG meeting, we explained to Howie that security and in general data security aspects (including governance) are addressed by other specific standards which obviously an Archive must refer to. In the digital Preservation strategy and in the Preservation Plan documentation are clearly specified those standards and the regulations to be applied for data governance, security management and cyber security (for example GDPR, NIST, ISO270001 family,…)
At the same time, in the organization to which the Archive belongs there are offices/functions responsible for managing data security in all its aspects, which also supervise the work of the Archive and its compliance with specific standard and regulations for data security,
Our standard are not addressing directly security but could add pointers to, say, REST security

Kind Regards
[cid:image001.png at 01D99781.1739A750]
Roberta Svanetti​​​​
Enterprise Content Management