[CESG] [EXTERNAL] Re: SANA Steering Group - Face-to-Face Working Meeting - Den Haag

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Nov 11 13:53:48 UTC 2023

Hi Fred,

I think that the SANA meeting yesterday went well and we had good support from Andre and Dan.  From my notes, sketchy as they are, I believe that the ISO TC20/SC14 contingent is pleased with the features of the registry and how that is working for you.  My notes say:

  *   ISO Terms in shared CCSDS/ISO Beta registry, but ISO terms has its own URL
  *   ISO is mostly happy with registry, but want to select multiple tech domains, and also need field display to be wider (actually a truncation error on the input side)
It appears that the re-design is a success and we will be transitioning it to the Production side as soon as we get the go ahead from your ISO SC14 team.  Going forward, I assume that we will preserve the standard SANA Terms registry URL.  We can, of course, also continue to support the ISO SC14 specific URL as well, that is your choice.

On the matter of the SANA registry providing a standard information view realization for both SC14 and CCSDS, I totally agree.  It is indeed a realization of an Information viewpoint and I would not be adverse to referencing it as such in the RASDS++ document.  I would also support, if you wish to promote it, a discussion of the RASDS++ information viewpoint, and how we are now using a consistent set of definitions of terms, and ontological representations, across the RASDS++ revision.  Pulling out those slides and just exploring that topic, by itself, might prove interesting and valuable.

Let me know if it is something you wish to explore further with your SC14 team.

Best regards, Peter