[Ccsds-omg-liaison] [OMG] 2020Q3 TC Meeting Welcome

Jason McC. Smith jason at omg.org
Mon Sep 14 00:37:17 UTC 2020

Greetings, all.

We’re on the eve of our Q3 2020 TC meeting, once again hosted virtually, and we have some new options for you to learn about what is going on with your colleagues this week.

First off, we’re providing a new online schedule for your perusal.  Last year, we introduced Guidebook as our mobile app for on-site information, to give you the data you needed in your hand in the moment.  This year, we obviously needed to adapt.  Thankfully, so did Guidebook.  They now offer the usual mobile app for iOS and Android, but also a web-based portal that you can access from your desktop browser.  This makes for a better experience while seated in your home office.  Log in to access the member schedule at https://www.omg.org/members/tc-meeting-Q3-2020.htm, you will find a link to the Guidebook site, and the passcode for access.  This isn’t the full virtual conference we intended for you this quarter, but staff and your chairs have pulled long hours these past two weeks to provide an alternative, and it’s pretty slick.

Next, we will have a virtual reception on Wed night in place of our usual wine and snacks, so feel free to bring your own.  We’ll be meeting from 6-8pm EDT, check the Guidebook site for callin information, noting that it may change between now and then.

Speaking of, the site schedule and Agendas available on our website are dynamic, and chairs are free to reschedule, remove, or add items from their agendas at will.  The agendas on the omg.org site and the schedule on Guidebook are both updated automatically as chairs make changes, so note that you may need to refresh your view of both sites regularly.  (For best results, do a clean reload before attending a call. Each browser does this differently, but it forces a full reload of the site instead of relying on your browser’s cache.  This will ensure you don’t have stale data being displayed.)

Finally, just as a reminder, the 2020 Q3 TC meeting is free to all OMG members, so if you have not yet registered, please do so at https://www.omg.org/events/2020Q3/registration.htm .  You will then find the Q3 schedule and links to Guidebook available to you through your Member portal.

Thank you all for the work that you do in making our community a success, and we’ll see around the net this week. If you have questions or concerns, or run into issues, please contact myself, or other staff members, we are at your disposal as always.

Jason McC. Smith, Ph.D.
VP / Technical Director
Object Management Group
jason at omg.org